The first chapter meeting of AAUP Bucknell on August 25 played host to a robust conversation among 40 faculty and staff to set the chapter’s agenda for 2023-24. The standing charge of AAUP is:
- growing AAUP Bucknell membership among all who work at Bucknell outside administration across all three colleges (Arts and Sciences Engineering, Management) and all departments and divisions;
- facilitating communication among AAUP Bucknell members and participants adn between AAUP Bucknell and the administration.
Our 2023-24 goals and priorities are:
- shedding light on unequal pay and work sharing at the university;
- expanding and influencing shared governance and promoting workplace democracy for all.
These 4 priorities correspond to our 4 working committees which are entrusted to craft and execute strategies for achieving these goals.
- Membership Committee
- Communications Commitee
- Pay Transparency and Work Sharing Committee
- Workplace Democracy Committee
If you’d like to participate in a working committee, you do not need to be a dues-paying member. Just fill out the AAUP Bucknell membership form and get in touch with the members of the executive council.